If you have lived or worked in a Victorian-era prison, we would like to hear from you.
Take part in this project
- Are you a former employee of HMPPS, with experience of working in Victorian-era prisons?
- Do you have experience of living in a Victorian-era prison?
If you are interested in helping the research team understand more about these buildings, please fill out the form below.
What is involved
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, interviews will be carried out via telephone or online video call (e.g. Zoom), at a date and time convenient to you.
During the interview, we would ask you:
- Your memories of living or working in a Victorian-era prison
- What the prison building was like, and how this changed over time
- Positive and negative aspects of Victorian-era prisons
If you would like to share your story, please complete our contact form and a member of the project team will contact you to arrange an interview.