If you have lived or worked in a Victorian-era prison, we would like to hear from you.
Take part in this project
- Are you a former employee of HMPPS, with experience of working in Victorian-era prisons?
- Do you have experience of living in a Victorian-era prison?
If you are interested in helping the research team understand more about these buildings, please fill out the form below.
What is involved
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, interviews will be carried out via telephone or video call (e.g. Zoom), at a date and time convenient to you.
During the interview, we would ask you:
- Your memories of living or working in a Victorian-era prison
- What the building was like, and how this changed over time
- Positive and negative aspects of Victorian-era prisons
If you would like to share your story, please complete our contact form and a member of the project team will contact you to arrange an interview.
The University of Birmingham will retain the information given above (i.e. your name and email address) for two weeks, for the purposes of contacting you about participation in the project. If you do not reply within that period, this information will then be deleted. The University’s website How the University uses your data explains how the University will use the personal data it collects and how your rights as a data subject can be exercised.